Monday, March 21, 2011

Prison Research

I have been fortunate enough to select a topic which I am interested in, know little about, and one that there is a plethora of information about. The American prison system has become a beast that represents the waste associated with large government control. However, I have been discovering that the causes behind the United States increase in prison population, which is blowing up at over 13 times the growth of the overall population, is a product of many factors.
     While I have yet to come to a conclusion (a conclusion which may take several weeks), I have come to realize through at least a couple of scholarly articles that the fuel to this costly system is driven by poverty. While I believe my research, at this point, is on target, I know there is lot more information to sift through.

No comments:

Post a Comment